Full Time Nurse Practitioner - Bloomington, IN
- alarm Application Deadline: December 01, 2020
- accessibility Number of Open Positions: 1
Your Invitation to Apply
Valor Health is seeking a Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner for our Bloomington, Indiana clinic.
What We Need
As a Nurse Practitioner with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
Snapshot of your day
The Nurse Practitioner role is a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You will have the pleasure to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown you while serving our country. We are seeking a healthcare professional who is driven and committed to ensuring the health and well-being of these selfless men and women.
• Clinic is in Bloomington, IN; Office hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday-Friday only.
• Work in collaborative practice with Physicians and Clinic Medical Director.
• Examine the patient/client and resolve the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program - The VA's EMR Vista/CPRS electronic patient record system.
• Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with Patient Aligned Care Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
• Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and provides patient notification and follow-up care.
• Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
• Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
• Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the EMR system.
• Actively participate, as well as handle, diagnoses and treatment.
• Identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
• Competitive Salary
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
• Life Insurance/Disability
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program
Who we are
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
There are two defining characteristics that have crafted this Indiana town and its people: the land and the university. The hills, forests, and lakes provide a sanctuary; one that is valued and protected. The limestone is quarried and milled by hard-working Hoosiers and turned into beautiful buildings and sculptures throughout the area and the nation. Students and faculty from across the country and the world flock to Indiana University, bringing ideas and dreams to a community that embraces them all. It’s a place that cultivates artists and scientists, farmers and philosophers, athletes and musicians. It’s a community of aspirations and inspirations, a breeding ground for transformations. https://www.visitbloomington.com/about-us/moving/
• McCormick’s Creek – natural reserve with trails and fishing
• WonderLab Science Museum
• Oliver Winery
• Indiana University
• Eskenazi Museum of Art
• Hoosier National Forest
• Mother Bear’s Pizza
• And Much More!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Valor is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and graduate of an accredited program for nurse practitioner (MSN required), including preceptorship
• Certification by applicable professional organization
• Ability to obtain valid nursing license for the state of Virginia
• Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (must be renewed annually)
• Current, unrestricted DEA registration
• Minimum one-year clinical experience in a related primary care and/or chronic disease management environment
• Strong computer skills
Apply using the quick apply system at the top of this page.